Chocolate Orange Brownies
they are the scrummiest things I've come up with in a while. The fact that I enjoy eating them is testament to how good they are cause i detest chocolate orange.
right the recipe, I have a huge brownie pan so i doubled the recipe so if yours looks a little lacking this is why.
what you'll need
christmas chocolates unwrapped i used orange cremes
enough dark chocolate to make up to 100g when included with your christmas chocolates
150g dark brown sugar
150g light borwn sugar
3 large eggs
130g plain flour (for extra chocolateyness take a few tablespoons of flour out and put cocoa powder in)
a glass bowl
small saucepan with water
2 large mixing bowls
brownie or deep baking tin
- weigh your christmas chocolates, adding any extra chocolate until it weighs 100g
i had 7 chocs weighing 82g, i added a few squares of plain chocolate
- measure out the butter into the same bowl and place the bowl on the saucepan over a medium heat. Make sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.
- While the chocolate and butter melts I heat the oven to 160C (fan) and line and butter the tin.
- When the mix is mixed and melted remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- in a one of the large mixing bowls (i use a large jug as it's easier) measure out the sugar, and add the chocolate mix.
and mix throughly until smooth and glossy and leave to cool further
- When the chocolate mix is cooled add the eggs and mix again and till completely combined. you'll end up with a glossy but granular mix.
- In the 2nd mixing bowl measure out the flour and pour in the chocolate mix. Stir carefully until combined.
- when all mixed pour into your lined tin and pop in the oven. I dont have an exact length of time for baking as its easier to work by eye. The top of the brownies should be slightly crisp. A good brownie should be slightly soft in the middle.
Here's mine fresh from the oven. Allow it to cool for a little while before cutting it into slices. I got 16 slices from my large tin.
and here's a slice :)
If you enjoyed it please let me know.